Friday, July 23, 2004

The obsessive author

I got a great deal done on STRANGER yesterday... I was really on a roll. Alas, early this afternoon we are taking off for the inlaws' house (the middle child spent a week with them, but it's time to take her off their hands!), so today I won't get a lot done. We will be back tomorrow evening, however, so I intend to devote Sunday to editing like a madwoman.



I really need to get this book done and move on to the next project. It's reached the point where my every waking thought revolves around STRANGER. My husband looks at me warily when I open my mouth because he knows a long monologue about some minor plot point is about to ensue. I am at my most obsessive-compulsive when finishing up edits, and I'll be glad to wave goodbye to this book and move on to the next project.



And speaking of the next project... I haven't had a lot of time to think about my story for the Christmas anthology, but I did come up with a great title: UNWRAPPED. At least *I* think it's a great title!

No comments:

Post a Comment