Sunday, December 12, 2004

Christmas cantata

I've just finished singing a Christmas cantata with my choir... twice. I have to admit I had to get a stool and sit on it anytime I got a break from singing, because standing for thirty minutes per service is just asking too much of my poor feet right now:-). But I did get through it.



Below Larissa expressed concern about my medical condition. I've been diagnosed with glucose intolerance of pregnancy (aka gestational diabetes), which is the first time I've ever had any sort of problem in a pregnancy. It's relatively minor, with very little risk to the baby, and can very likely be controlled by diet-- and I'm watching my diet like a hawk. Between services my choir director had provided us with a lovely repast, and I limited myself to meat, cheese, and a wee bit of bread... I didn't even have one lousy Hershey's kiss, even though there was a huge bucket of the things, let alone any of the yummy-looking cakes she made. *Sigh* It's not too hard to follow a strict diet for two months (even during Christmas season) when you know someone else's health is riding on it too, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to do this for the rest of my life. I think I'll seriously exert myself to lose weight when I have the baby!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I had that with my son. It sucked, because I couldn't eat all the good stuff at Christmas! Grr. Good luck with that. It's miserable during the holidays! : (

    ReplyDelete