Friday, February 11, 2005

I'm back...

Have been for a couple of days, actually. But I haven't been online much. As my DH posted, we have a new baby-- my easiest labor ever, hurray!-- and he's terribly cute, although he has DH's nose, the poor dear:-). But at least he's a boy, so a big nose isn't necessarily a bad thing. He's got some jaundice, which has necessitated two trips to the pediatrician, but he seems otherwise quite healthy (and very hungry!).

Unfortunately, while I was in the hospital my oldest came down with another stomach bug, which took her temperature up to almost 103 degrees and necessitated a trip to the pediatrician. It also made it impossible for DH to visit me in the hospital, which was annoying, as such places are horribly boring. (Yeah, I know, I'm a bad mom without enough sympathy for my kid... but I just had a baby, and everything IS all about me and the baby. Or oughta be!) The poor kid is STILL sick, but her fever is slowly going down. And so far *crossing fingers* none of the rest of us have gotten her bug.

DH was able to be at the hospital for the labor and delivery, but after that I didn't see him much. Fortunately, I had packed some good books. While I was in the hospital (and yes, even while I was in labor waiting for DH to arrive), I read:

THE TROUBLE WITH VALENTINE'S DAY, Rachel Gibson-- not the best Gibson I ever read, but not the worst, either. There were a couple of plot threads that didn't get resolved to my satisfaction, and I didn't totally connect with the main characters, but otherwise it was a pleasant enough book.

MOUTH TO MOUTH, Erin McCarthy-- I love McCarthy, and she is rapidly becoming one of my favorite authors. This is a terrific book. Go read it.

TRUE CONFESSIONS, Rachel Gibson (reread)-- my favorite Gibson book ever, related to VALENTINE'S DAY (they're set in the same town). I don't reread much, but I could read this book every day of the week and not get sick of it.

So... no work accomplished (except for that minor task of having a baby:-), but I've read a couple of good books by good authors, which helps inspire me to want to get back to work. Hopefully by Monday all will return to normal and I'll start working again!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back, and glad everyone is healthy (mostly! *g*) and perfect. Take care of yourself, and congrats!

    ReplyDelete