Saturday, February 26, 2005

Visiting

Today I won't get any work done to speak of because my father is driving up to see the baby for the first time. He just turned eighty-eight, and I couldn't go down to visit for his birthday because I was about to have the baby (I didn't particularly want to give birth while on the interstate!). So I'm belatedly taking him out to lunch for his birthday. DH took the girls skiing for the weekend, so this will be a nice quiet visit... we might actually be able to converse for once:-).

I just got Pamela Clare's RIDE THE FIRE last night. I absolutely loved her first two books and have been waiting with bated breath for this one. I'm only two chapters into it, but so far it's awesome. If you haven't tried Clare, I highly recommend her-- she writes historicals that aren't set in Regency England and does a fabulous job with them!

Last night I watched most of "Shark Tale," which my mom-in-law bought the kids last weekend, and I wasn't terribly impressed. It's moderately entertaining, but not the best animated flick I've ever seen by a long shot. Overall I like Pixar movies a lot better than Dreamworks' efforts. I see "The Incredibles" will be released in the middle of March-- I've heard great things about that movie and am really looking forward to seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment