Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Writing and reading

Now that the baby is "only" getting me up twice or thrice a night *groan*, I'm getting back into the swing of things. I have had three editors waiting on me to get my arse in gear, a situation I don't like in the least, so I need to get cracking. I wrote a few pages on FARTHEST SPACE yesterday and did some revision and expansion on it. I also contacted the editor who offered me a contract on my children's book and clarified a couple of points. Looks like a good contract-- I am going to sign it, and I'll post details here about the book, the publisher, and my pen name when I've finalized that. This afternoon I'm starting revisions on my other futuristic romance-- Heaven knows the editor has been patient, as it's been sitting in my inbox since before I had the baby. Time to get back to serious work!

I'm also reading several books at once (something I have a bad habit of doing:-). Yesterday I started Jennifer Crusie's CHARLIE ALL NIGHT and got about halfway through it. In the evening I attended a chat and was thrilled to win a download of HEARTS ARE WILD, an EC anthology by Patrice Michelle, Cheyenne McCray, and Nelissa Donovan. I'm most of the way through Patrice's story already (she's the author I won the book from). It's the first book I've read by her, and it's very good (her link is above if you'd like to check out her website). And this morning I stopped by the bookstore and picked up SPECIAL OF THE DAY by Elaine Fox, which I'm just starting to read.

Anyway... now I have to put down the reading and get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment