Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Farthest Space progress

Farthest Space is now completely finished, by which I mean I've written "The End." (It has a great little twist at the end that just popped into my mind yesterday.) It still needs lots of editing, and that's what I've been doing for the past couple of days. The manuscript is now up to 121 pages and over 24,000 words. I don't really want it to exceed 25,000 words (it's in an anthology with three other stories, after all) but I don't want it to have any missing pieces, either. So if it grows a little longer, I won't try to squelch it. I do hope to have it in good enough shape by the weekend that DH and another critique partner can take a look at it.

I'm also waffling on the title. I've always referred to it simply as Farthest Space, after the book/TV series I made up in All I Ever Wanted and Isn't It Romantic?, but I'm actually contemplating renaming it Farthest Space: The Wrath of Jan. I think that gets the spoofiness of the story across a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment