Friday, December 16, 2005

And I wanted kids... why?

Conversation with Kid #2 yesterday morning:

Kid: Mom! (shoving on refrigerator door as hard as she can) The refrigerator won't close!

Mom: Let me check. Something must be in the way. (opens door and peers inside) Hmm, I don't see anything in the way. What did you just take out?

Kid: I reached up and got a banana off the top of the refrigerator.

Mom (looks up and sees the single remaining banana, squished to a yucky, oozing yellow pulp between the door and the fridge, rather like yellow roadkill): Okay... I think we may have figured out the problem.

This is the same kid that dropped a glass bowl earlier in the week, smashing it into incredibly small shards. The kid is a destructive force to be reckoned with, I tell you. But I put up with her and the rest of my kids despite the trail of destruction they leave in their wake, because they're cute. At least that's the only sane reason I can come up with:-).

1 comment:

  1. Someday when they grow up and move out, your house will be a lot neater. When they come to visit, you will be so glad to see them...but you will be picking up after them just the same as ever. :^)

    ReplyDelete