Saturday, December 3, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Charlene posted today about listening to Christmas music by Harry Connick, Jr. I must admit I've never heard any holiday music by him, but I do like him a lot, so maybe I'll go look for him in the music store. I already have a long list of favorite Christmas melodies I listen to every year. Here, in no particular order, are some of my faves:

"White Christmas," Bing Crosby (the first Christmas tune I listen to every year!)
"It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas," Perry Como
"Home for the Holidays," Perry Como
"I'll be Home for Christmas," Perry Como
"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," Judy Garland
"Holly Jolly Christmas," Burl Ives
"The Nutcracker Suite," Tchaikovsky
"Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow," Jethro Tull
"England's Carol (God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen)", The Modern Jazz Quartet
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town," Bruce Springsteen
"Ring Out Solstice Bells," Jethro Tull
"Christmas Eve in Sarajevo," Trans-Siberian Orchestra
"Do You Hear What I Hear?," Bing Crosby

I like a lot of carols sung by choirs, too, but those are too numerous to name. There are many more holiday songs that I love, but these are some of my faves. What are your favorite Christmas songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment