Thursday, December 8, 2005

A quiet life

Things have been quiet in my life lately. I've edited about half of The Shadows of Night (which sounds more impressive than it really is, because the first half was already in pretty good shape!). I've finished reading Cheyenne McCray's Forbidden Magic (which I loved and really recommend, by the way). At the bookstore yesterday I got Ronda Thompson's new werewolf book, The Dark One, and I'm looking forward to reading it.

I didn't do any writing yesterday. I got Smallville, Season One, from the library and watched three episodes. See, we don't get the WB here (and no, we don't have cable), but I caught a glimpse of the show in reruns somewhere and really liked it. But I wanted to start from the beginning. I really like this show! I also spent yesterday evening cutting out strips of a three-yard piece of fabric for a school project. So... no writing done, but I guess I needed the break.

3 comments:

  1. I have Smallville on my Netflix list and your endorsement might bump it up a bit. We don't have WB here, either, and we do have Cable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the course of the last month, seeing the occasional "Smallville" rerun, I've become wildly interested in the show. I haven't been this rabid about a show since "Star Trek: The Next Generation." It's weird, really, since I'm not a teenager and I'm not really into superheroes. Something about it really appeals to me-- must be the whole alienation thing. I can really relate to a teenager who doesn't fit in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, now I'm interested. TNG is one of my all-time favorite series! - Charlene

    ReplyDelete