Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Work and kids

This morning I'm fleshing out The Nerd Prince. It occurred to me that I was missing some internal conflict on the part of my heroine, so I'm busily adding that.

Yesterday the toddler had his eighteen month checkup. He's healthy (95th percentile height and 75th percentile weight) and didn't mind being poked all that much. He got two immunizations, and when the nurse gave him his shots, he looked at her with surprise, but didn't yell or cry. He was immediately distracted and pleased when she put Band-Aids on his leg, and strutted out of the office quite happily. This is a big change from the baby that wailed like he was being murdered when he got shots a few months ago.

It seems like he's developing new words every day now. I love this age because you can see the brain development taking off like crazy. In the past couple of days, he's started saying "bunny" (we own a bunny), "'kay" (for "okay") and "eat eat eat!" (I think that one's self-explanatory:-). He's also wildly in love with books (and demands them frequently with chants of "gook! gook!") and can finally sit through long ones, like Dr. Seuss' ABC. It's a fun age!

1 comment:

  1. Alex still loves the ABC book. Although right now she's asking for "Four Turtles" (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie).

    ReplyDelete