Friday, February 26, 2010

All I Ever Wanted

I got All I Ever Wanted formatted and up on Amazon yesterday (it can't be purchased yet because it takes between 24-72 hours to go live). I haven't read it in forever, and had forgotten how many characters it had in it. It's my only full-length contemporary thus far, and it's naturally got a much more complicated plot than my novellas.

I will admit this particular novel kind of depresses me because the hero is a Hodgkin's disease survivor (like VH), and at the time I wrote it VH seemed to have won his battle with cancer, but of course in the long haul he didn't. However, most people with Hodgkin's do survive it-- according to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, it's "now considered to be one of the most curable forms of cancer." And it's my understanding that they're learning ways to treat it that don't lead to later solid tumors, now that they've become aware of this problem.

At any rate, All I Ever Wanted is a slightly more serious book than my other contemps, due to the hero's background, but it's still basically a light, humorous story, and I'll be glad to have it back out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment