Thursday, February 11, 2010

My dad

I'm heading out to spend some time with my dad, as I do every week nowadays. We moved closer to family about four months ago, and that means we can see all the grandparents more frequently.

Anyone who used to read my old journal may remember that my father had congestive heart failure and almost died a couple of years ago. They told me he'd never live independently again. Well, he proved them wrong-- he's still living in his own house, doing his own housework and cooking, and keeping himself quite busy. He has one badly arthritic hip, vision loss due to macular degeneration, and quite a bit of hearing loss. But he'll be ninety-three next week, so all this is to be expected. Overall, he's doing great, and I'm glad that I get to see him so often nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment