Monday, March 29, 2010

Another indie author... sort of

J.A. Konrath is a traditionally published author who's putting some of his never-published works on Kindle (with great success; according to his blog he's sold over 30,000 Kindle downloads in a year). I have a limited tolerance for gore, and technothrillers are not my usual reading, but I looked through his books and found one with an interesting premise, so I gave it a try:

I enjoyed it. The basic premise of the book was actually a little hard to swallow, but once I accepted it, the storyline was enjoyable and nail-biting (and the gore was at a level I could comfortably cope with). I did see one major twist coming, but another near the end shocked me. Overall, it was tautly plotted and well written, and I had a hard time putting it down-- the sure sign of a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment