Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My library

I'm tired of the disorganization in my library. In my old house, I had all my books organized so we could find stuff. The fiction was even alphabetized (this was the ONE area of my life that was organized!). But when we moved, the books were thrown randomly into boxes, then tossed randomly onto shelves. The kids' stuff is mostly in one spot, and the adult stuff in another, but otherwise, it's a mess.

Last night I started pulling down the nonfiction and stacking it into categories. Today I'll put it all back on the shelves. The fiction is going to take a lot longer, since it's supposed to be alphabetized. My adult fiction isn't too extensive (the romance is all upstairs anyway, to make room for stuff that everyone reads), but the kids' picture books and novels are going to take me a month of Sundays to get in order. Still, it would be really nice if we could find everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment