Monday, June 28, 2010

Raising prices

So as I said, I've been debating on Kindleboards whether raising prices is necessarily the best plan for everyone. Personally, I have always intended to raise my novels to $2.99 when the new royalty structure kicks in (though I'll leave the newest at the lower price for a month or so). But it will be interesting to see what effect that has. Never Love a Stranger has done great this month, earning me over $275 all on its own. If I were earning six times the royalties, clearly I'd be rolling in dough (well, okay, it's not like winning the lottery, but you take my point). However, the obvious question is whether the book would be ranked in the 300s if it were priced higher. I doubt it. But will it do well enough to continue earning more when I raise the price, or will the sales just stop?

It's hard to say, and it makes me nervous. Personally, I'm going for it, to see what happens. I certainly do understand why others might choose to stay at the lower price level, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment