Thursday, September 16, 2010

Amazon can be rough

The Amazon romance boards are busy ripping into two threads that are perceived as being "shills" by indie authors. I know better than to post when the environment over there is unsettled, but someone on the historical romance board asked for a book-- alcoholic hero, colonial America, perhaps a bond servant heroine. That is almost certainly my book The Light in the Darkness, so I posted politely and said so. Within a few minutes I had four people voting me down. Sheesh... it isn't even an indie book, as it was released by Bantam, and I don't make money off it either, because it's out of print. I'm just responding to the OP with what I believe is useful info, but right now, people over there are in a bit of an uproar. Amazon can be a tough neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment