Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Grrrr

Yes, yes, I know we authors are never, ever supposed to whine about reviews. But I'm getting a bit tired of readers complaining about my pen name's books being too short when every one of them is marked clearly as a short story, and the precise word count given. I got a two-star review today: It was good but should have been noted as a short story because just as it gets going, it's over.

But it IS marked!!! It's right there in the description: SHORT STORY! For crying out loud!

Okay, I'm done whining now. Thank you:-).

3 comments:

  1. I Gr about that on your behalf! Other ppl don't seem to get it, they think, "just ignore the review", but when the one and two stars affect your rating so much....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know, if I hadn't marked it, I would totally get complaining about the length. But since it's marked, it's really frustrating. Selena Kitt said elsewhere she has the same problem, and she's taken to marking the book on the cover as a SELENA KITT SHORT or some such. Maybe that helps, but if they don't read the description I don't know if they look at the cover either *sighs*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some people nothing less than a flashing neon sign will do it.

    It is annoying. On the bright side, most people who read the review will think "duh."

    ReplyDelete