Thursday, March 31, 2011

A conversation with my son

I am a careful bleeper of my iPod. We have about 1600 songs on it now, and some of them contain inappropriate language for the younger members of my household. So when we're riding in the the car and come to an inappropriate word, I always turn down the volume for a couple of seconds.

Today we were listening to the extended version of "Big Bang Theory," and I bleeped the line about how the dinosaurs "froze their asses off." I heard a sigh from the back seat.

"Mom," the six-year-old said in a weary, moms-are-so-clueless voice, "you don't have to bleep that. I know what it says."

"Oh, yeah?" I answered. "What does it say?"

"It says they all died." Another long-suffering sigh. "And you don't have to bleep that, because I already knowded it."

No comments:

Post a Comment