Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Things I'd like to do

I got my first dose of Remicade today. The Benedryl they gave me with it made me snoozy, so I lay back in my recliner and dozed through most of it. Then I went home and slept on the couch for a couple hours. So no real complaints!

I have a lot of Crohn's-related damage, so I don't expect the first dose to do a lot, but I have the second dose in only two weeks. Hopefully things will start improving after that. I was thinking wistfully today about the things I'd like to do again. Little, ordinary things. Severe Crohn's isolates a person more than you might imagine. I miss basic stuff, like being able to walk my dog around the neighborhood (due to an unfortunate lack of public restrooms), or being able to do substantial grocery shopping without having to worry about being caught on the side of the store opposite the bathroom. (I wind up shopping once a day, so I don't have to buy much at once, and sometimes my girls have to do it for me.) I'd like to be able to walk my boys to the bus stop without having to run back to the house before the bus gets there. Little stuff like that, things that most of you probably take for granted. I'd also like to get my anemia under control, so I have some energy and can get back to writing on a serious, daily basis.

I hope the Remicade will fix things. It works for a lot of people. So here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment