Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Writing for free

In a moment of insanity, I agreed to write a free short story for NCP's birthday bash in October with another author. (The fact that it's free isn't the insanity-- what's crazy is that I don't have time to take on another project right now!) We've discussed it and decided we want to write a fantasy, about 10,000 words, and we'll be writing it round robin style, since neither of us likes outlines much. I just sent her a partial I'd written a while back-- about 2000 words of a fantasy romance about unicorns. If she likes it, she can add to it. If she dislikes it, she can write something of her own and send it to me.



I also just volunteered to write a Christmas novella for an NCP anthology. Why did I do this?? I already have another novella to finish up by September, along with STRANGER and this short story. I am clearly losing my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment