Thursday, October 7, 2004

More work

I heard back from an editor for a different e-pub, where I submitted a hotter romance. She's interested in buying it, but she'd like me to expand it rather significantly. Aaaaaaahhhhhh! *looking wide-eyed at pile of work already on desk* I thought about it for a while, then wrote her back and told her I'd be happy to expand it, but not till mid-November, when some of the previous work will be off my desk. I sincerely hate to put conditions on an interested editor, and I hope it doesn't lose me a sale, but there comes a time when a girl has to prioritize. And previously contracted work has to come first, particularly when it's seasonal (I really can't hand in a Christmas story in February, can I??).



My life has changed a lot in a year... I'm juggling more stuff than I know what to do with. Last year at this time I was just looking forward to the release of my first e-published book, after a drought of five years when I didn't publish a thing. All things considered, I'd rather be too busy than not busy enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment