Monday, November 22, 2004

Plotting Thanksgiving

It's been a quiet weekend, writing-wise. I've been cleaning house and plotting Thanksgiving dinner (I write by the seat of my pants, but I do plot major meals in advance:-). We're not having a really big Thanksgiving this year, as only DH's parents (and possibly my dad) are coming, but this is nevertheless taking up a lot of time-- the house was rather a mess. We'll be having ham, sweet potato souffle, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pumpkin pie (made by yours truly) and turkey, cranberry sauce, and apple crisp (made by my MIL). Basically, more food than seven or eight people can reasonably eat *g*.



DH and I did take the kids to an Advent celebration last night (we made Advent wreaths and Christmas ornaments), and I had to go to string quartet practice as well-- my quartet will be playing a Christmas song at church each week of Advent. For a church musician, even an amateur one, this is an extremely busy season coming up. And of course there's the normal chaos of decorating, shopping, and so forth to look forward to as well. I imagine I'm going to be doing little on the writing front besides editing till after Christmas.



NEVER LOVE A STRANGER got yet another five-star review (actually five angels) from Fallen Angel Reviews. The reviewer called it "a very good science fiction romance" and said I wrote "very powerful and explicit love scenes." She added, "I recommend this book highly to science fiction and romance readers alike."

No comments:

Post a Comment