Monday, February 28, 2005

Covers and random stuff

When the cover for UNICORN QUEST was first posted yesterday, it was so dark it was impossible to tell what the picture was supposed to be. I politely emailed my editor and asked if it was meant to be that dark. I didn't hear back from her, but later in the day the cover was lightened somewhat. It still unfortunately doesn't make a really good thumbnail. But I'll be putting it on my website tonight in a larger format, and it does look really good in larger size. This is my first cover by Jenny Dixon, who does a lot of NCP's covers, and I like it... I really want people to be able to see it clearly!

I meant to have DH update my website last night, but he staggered in about ten o'clock, looking so stiff and exhausted from skiing that I didn't have the heart to point him toward the computer:-).

On another totally unrelated subject, there are a couple of blogs out there that I was reading every day and really enjoying. These bloggers were both updating daily, when suddenly... they stopped. And now they haven't updated for over two weeks. Aaargh. I hate that. Don't start interesting blogs and get me hooked, then quit writing them!

I finished Pamela Clare's RIDE THE FIRE yesterday. An awesome book... heartwrenching and emotional. I loved it. In fact, I think it was my favorite Clare book so far, and that's saying something!

I really wanted to get back to work on FARTHEST SPACE today. So you can guess what happened. Yep... it's snowing and the schools are closed. I'm going to be inundated with children all day *sigh*.

Spring can't come too soon for me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ellen what a journey through life you have had!!!! I mean...I am reading your blog in 2004. I just finished February. Now I am gonna begin March. I must admit I held my breath when I read about your contractions and panic and sick kids and all...Oh how relieved I was when I found out your labor was easy. I hope all the best to you. Now I must go and continue my reading.

    ReplyDelete