Friday, February 4, 2005

No baby yet... but soon

Joely asked below if I had had the baby, since I hadn't blogged today. Nope... I didn't blog because I really didn't have much to say:-). I can report, however, that I am now officially scheduled to be induced Monday morning first thing (I have to be at the hospital by 7:00 a.m.-- why do they make you get out of bed early to experience pain??), so if I don't have the baby over the weekend, I'm having it Monday. I'll have DH report the gender and weight here, since I'll probably be stuck in the hospital for a couple of days.



I'm all prepared for the hospital... I have a sparkling new copy of THE TROUBLE WITH VALENTINE'S DAY by Rachel Gibson, and I'll be dropping by the library tomorrow to pick up my reserved copy of MOUTH TO MOUTH, by Erin McCarthy. Hopefully those'll keep my mind off things. DH may or may not be around much, since he's stuck babysitting the three-year-old, but at least I'll know he's in the same building (unless my labor runs long, which is always a possibility). But it's hardly like this is my first baby, so I really think I can handle labor more or less on my own... with a little help from Ms. Gibson and Ms. McCarthy, anyway:-).

3 comments:

  1. Bummer on being induced. Both my last two were induced because of size worries, but each only ended up 8 1/2 pounds. Hey, 7:00 isn't so bad. We had to be there at 6:00 a.m. Finding something to do with the other kids that early in the morning was a challenge!

    I'll be thinking of you! Maybe nature will take its course and baby will make an appearance on Super Bowl Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My #3 was my smallest at 9.1 *g* and she dropped out in under two hours. It was AWESOME. Good luck, Ellen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good golly day, Alison, yours are even bigger than mine. So far my babies have been 8.5, 9, and 9.5 pounds... I'm not rooting for that pattern to continue, personally:-). A small, dainty baby would be just peachy with me.

    Thanks for the well-wishes, ladies!

    ReplyDelete