Friday, April 8, 2005

Of babies and vampires

The baby had shots at the doctor yesterday morning. They apparently caused him some pain. Here is an impression of my afternoon yesterday:

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

But with some Tylenol, he went quietly to bed and slept through the night. In fact, he's still sleeping now and it's almost 8:30. If I hadn't heard him twitch and whimper on the baby monitor a few times, I'd be worrying if he was still breathing! This makes three nights in a row he's slept through the night. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I just finished reading HE LOVES LUCY, by Susan Donovan. A very enjoyable book, although my fave by her is still TAKE A CHANCE ON ME. I do love her writing style-- she's so snappy and truly contemporary. I have a very short list of contemporary authors I truly love, and she's right there at the top.

Now I'm seriously applying myself to THE FOREVER KISS, by Angela Knight. I'm really enjoying it so far. Maybe I need to start reading more vampire stories! But her vampires aren't really like any vampires I've ever heard of. I don't know if I'd like the more traditional variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment