Thursday, May 12, 2005

On track

I'm on track so far this morning. I'm up to 86 pages and over 17,500 words. (I've also cleaned the kitchen, folded some laundry, and gone out briefly to buy a toy for a birthday party my kid has to attend this weekend. Just call me Supermom:-). However, I'm starting to think this particular story wants to be a novella rather than a novel. I'll have to see how it goes, but it seems to be trying to wrap itself up. Of course, I've still got a ways to go, and I'll go back and add a lot to it when I revise (as I always do), but I'm thinking it's not going to want to grow into a novel. Which is all right, I suppose. It's always a mistake to try to force a story to be longer or shorter than it needs to be...

1 comment:

  1. I just wrote my first novella - it really is a nice length. I think my ideal length for a book would be 157 pages. Because that's where I always seem to get stuck.

    Of course, the book would have no ending, but hey. *g*

    Good luck with your page count quotas!

    ReplyDelete