Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Finished!

I finished the first draft of I'll Be There For You today. It currently stands at around 27,500 words (actual) and 133 pages. Not a whole lot of room for expansion, which is unfortunate because it's definitely going to need some expansion. But even in its current rough state, I really like it, especially the characters. They took on a life of their own and made it easy to turn out humorous dialogue. I love it when that happens.

I had started this project in order to write a full novel and get an agent, but it's okay that it turned out to be a novella, because I need to get something in to Kate Duffy. And if by some chance I manage to sell it to Brava, I will hopefully then be able to get an agent, right?

Of course, if there are any agents out there who'd like to represent me, don't feel obligated to wait for me to make a sale to a major publisher on my own. Feel free to contact me... I'd love to hear from you *eg*.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing, Ellen! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ellen, super work!! You whipped this novella out in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on finishing! Get the puppy sent out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! Or did the baby help you type it out? LOL Good luck!

    ReplyDelete