Saturday, July 30, 2005

Ancient children and other stuff

My oldest child hit double digits today. Yes, she's ten. I can't figure out where the time went... I still remember what she was like as a tiny baby, and now she's only seven inches shorter than I am, and I expect to be looking up at her shortly. Because some of her friends are out of town, we postponed her party till mid-August, but we did take her out for pizza for lunch.

DH has been upgrading my computer to Windows XP (my anniversary present) all day. If you've tried to email me, I can't access my email, so don't feel affronted if I don't respond... it's not personal:-). By the time he gets everything running, I'll probably have thousands of emails sitting in my inbox. I hate that. On the up side, my computer seems to be running about twenty times better. Hurray for up-to-date technology!

I ran around to local bookstores this morning trying to get them to carry my books. I ran into the "POD problem," ie, unreturnable books. Since Waldenbooks has an agreement with NCP, the books are returnable, but for B&N, apparently they're not. Both Barnes and Nobles in the area have been kind enough to agree to stock a couple of my books. The B. Dalton, OTOH, was not, since they have very limited shelf space. They did offer to do a booksigning, but my last booksigning for them wasn't really productive, and I'm concerned they'll get stuck with a whole bunch of my books! Still, I'm considering it.

I finished up reading two excellent books today... I'll blog about them tomorrow. Right now I'm going to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ellen, is "In The Mood" available in paperback yet? Or is it still in e-book format at the moment? It sounds exciting and it's the first book in a while that has me anxious to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My children are all grown up. It happened so quickly. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sienna, IN THE MOOD is only available in e-format right now, and since it's a novella it may never be available in paperback unless NCP opts to bundle it with one of my other novellas. My romantic comedies have not been among my best sellers, so I don't know if that's likely to happen:-(. If it is scheduled for paperback at any point, though, I'll post the information on my website!

    ReplyDelete