Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

According to Stephanie Tyler's blog, Larissa and her family are safe, although their house is "pretty much underwater." Ack. I'm glad she's safe, but I'm sorry her house was flooded. I hate hurricanes. I was born in Virginia Beach and grew up there, and we never had a major hurricane. Then I moved to Charlotte, and two weeks later Hurricane Hugo came through. We lost power for a week, and I still remember seeing big metal signposts twisted like pretzels. But the devastation a hurricane wreaks inland (even a storm that goes in a long way, like Hugo did) is nothing like what can happen to a coastal area. Last night on the news I saw the pictures of the coastal areas hit by the storm, and they're just heartbreaking. All those houses underwater...

No comments:

Post a Comment