Thursday, August 25, 2005

Various

My baby now has four teeth-- the two on top came through. He's feeling much less grouchy as a result and will actually go down for a nap without screaming about it. He's also quit using me as a teething ring, for which I am profoundly grateful.

My kids dragged me to the library this morning, for the second time this week. I'm one of those lucky moms who gets to say, "The library? Again? Didn't we just go yesterday??" and "You're reading too much-- go outside! No, you can't take that book with you!" My oldest is happily reading through all the juvenile Star Wars books-- two series called Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest, not to mention a bunch of "journals" about the characters in the movies. My younger daughter checked out twenty Arthur and Magic Tree House books. These kids literally read thirty or more chapter books a week. It's scary, really.

I just got Carpe Demon by Julie Kenner... I can't wait to read this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment