Friday, September 2, 2005

Donating blood

I've never given blood in the past because every time I try, they reject me. I'm borderline anemic-- not really anemic but just enough that they don't want my blood. I've been taking iron for a while, though, and I figure I could perhaps give blood now, which would be a good thing to do in the aftermath of Katrina. Alas, I just checked the American Red Cross site, and "nursing persons" are not eligible to give blood. DH can't give blood, either, because of this guideline: "If you had leukemia or lymphoma, including Hodgkin’s Disease, you are not eligible to donate." He had Hodgkin's disease when he was younger, so that rules him out. I was pretty sure neither of us could give blood, but it doesn't hurt to check.

How about you? Can you donate blood? If you can, go do it. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment