Monday, October 24, 2005

Curled up in a ball

On Friday I got a rejection from Kensington on I'll Be There For You, so I spent much of the weekend curled up in a ball under my desk. Well, no, not really, because it was a busy weekend and I had lots of things to do and places to go. But I spent the weekend mentally curled up under my desk, anyway.

I'll Be There For You is still entered in the Blaze contest (results to be announced next Monday, so you'll probably find me balled up under my desk again). Also, I still have that futuristic sitting with the world's greatest agent... but no response after two weeks may be a bad sign. Or she might just be busy. I have this impression that agents do get busy occasionally *snort*. Also, my NCP editor likes my Christmas story, now entitled Christmas Carol, so I really need to get that finished. I'm working on that this afternoon. So yes, I'd still like to be curled up under my desk... but I just don't have the time right now. Maybe I'll feel sorry for myself later *wry grin*.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the rejection, Ellen! Just keep plugging at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, keep plugging, ma dear. You will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry. Remember, persistence is key. Sulk a bit - that's allowed - then get back out there submitting and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the spirit, stay busy. And have some chocolate. ; ) Charlene

    ReplyDelete