Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Reading and Harry Potter

I'm working on several good books right now. I'm making my way through Angela Knight's Mercenaries (good, although because the first two novellas are reprints of EC books they're a little more intense than her other Berkley books). I bought one of those little novellas, Jayne Castle's Bridal Jitters, and I'm reading that, too. I'm also reading Sophie Kinsella's The Undomestic Goddess and reading the final novella in How to Be a "Wicked" Woman. And yesterday I finished Erin McCarthy's The Pregnancy Test. I love Erin McCarthy's books.

On a totally different subject-- if, like me, you love Harry Potter and are curious about how they crammed the enormous plot of Goblet of Fire into a movie, Mugglenet has an extremely thorough rundown of the movie by someone who's seen it. Warning-- it's full of spoilers. Having read through this, and having seen a rather long preview of the movie the other day, I can't wait to see the movie. I'm still not sure if I should take Oldest Kid, though. My rule has always been, "You can't see a PG-13 movie till you're thirteen," but both Star Wars and Harry Potter have muddied the issue by their latest PG-13 installments. After consideration, we decided to wait till Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith came out on DVD, and let OK see it with judicious editing. But I really hate to make the poor kid wait to see Harry Potter, since she's adored these books for years. It sounds pretty intense, though. Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment