Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A new name

I've been worrying about what to call my paranormal for Samhain. I wasn't happy with the title Kindred, which I thought was a good name for the series, but not for a standalone book. After some discussion with my editor, I dove into Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (the source I usually resort to when I can't think of a title) and was struck by the following quote from Longfellow:

Out of the shadows of night
The world rolls into light;
It is daybreak everywhere.

So the title I came up with is Kindred: The Shadows of Night. My editor likes it too, so hopefully that's the final title!

In sadder news, Publisher's Lunch reports Stan Berenstain, co-creator of the Berenstain Bears, died Saturday. He was 82. My four-year-old son loves the Berenstain Bears above all things, so I can't help but feel sad about this. That's the interesting thing about being a writer-- you can touch many, many lives without knowing it. Mr. Berenstain has brought much joy to my kids over the years. May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment