Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Tagged - All about Ellen

I was tagged by Charlene quite a while ago, but it was right around the time Kid #3 broke his clavicle, so I forgot to do it (and I'm not tagging anyone else-- if you want to do this on your blog, feel free!). Here it is, far, far more than you ever wanted to know about me:

1. First name? Ellen
2. Were you named after anyone? Yes, my great-grandmother and mother, and my middle name (Marguerite) is my grandmother's name.
3. Do you wish on stars? Yes, but I don't admit to it:-).
4. When did you cry last? Can't remember, but I suspect I'm going to cry my eyes out tonight when I finish watching "Revenge of the Sith."
5. Do you like your handwriting? No, it's horrible. Fortunately handwriting is a lost art anyway... keyboarding is what matters nowadays.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Ham
7. What is your birth date? September 1.
8. What is your most embarrassing CD? Several "Hot hits of the 80s!" discs
9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Sure... who understands me better?
10. Do you have a journal? This blog.
11. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Uh, me? Sarcasm? *blinks innocently*
13. Would you bungee jump? Not. In. A. Million. Years.
14. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No. It drives DH crazy... he thinks it's a bad habit and contributes to shoe damage and excessive shoe bills.
15. Do you think that you are strong? Yes.
16. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Cherry Garcia and plain old chocolate (with chocolate syrup).
Shoe Size? 9
18. Red or pink? Red.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? My laziness.
20. Who do you miss most? My sister, who died almost ten years ago now. I still miss her a lot.
21. Do you want everyone you send this to, to answer? Nah... I'm not that interested in other people, which probably says something bad about me:-).
22. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Pink rose-covered t-shirt and blue jean shorts. No shoes. It's early and I haven't had occasion to leave the house yet.
23. What are you listening to right now? Nothing... just the morning silence.
24. Last thing you ate? Last night's dinner, spaghetti and corn. I haven't had breakfast yet.
25. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Periwinkle.
26. What is the weather like right now? Beautiful... perfect Virginia fall weather. Cool at night, warm in the day, and the sky is Maxfield Parrish blue.
27. Last person you talked to on the phone? My husband.
28. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Hands.
29. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Of course... Charlene is nice.
30. Favorite Drink? Mountain Dew. But you already knew that.
31. Favorite sport? Walking. Can we call walking a sport?
32. Hair Color? Medium brown, reddish highlights, with a few strands of silver that I try to pull out on a regular basis.
33. Eye color? Gray-blue.
34. Do you wear contacts? Not since I was a teenager. I wear glasses.
35. Favorite Food? Chocolate.
36. Last movie you watched? I watched half of "Revenge of the Sith" last night and will finish the rest up tonight.
37. Favorite day of the year? Christmas!
38. Scary Movies Or Happy Endings? Happy endings... I don't like to be scared.
'39. Summer or Fall? Fall, although spring is my favorite season because everything is just beginning. Summer is too hot and humid here... bleahh.
40. Hugs OR Kisses? Both.
41. What Is Your Favorite Dessert? Anything chocolate.
42. Who Is Most Likely To Respond?
43. Who Is Least Likely To Respond? Not sure what either of these mean, so I'm leaving them blank.
44. What Books Are You Reading? Isn't It Romantic? by Ronda Thompson.
45. What’s on your mouse pad? It's a freebie DH got somewhere (I have mentioned he's cheap, right?). It's old and ratty, and it says, "The power of workforce development partners."
46. What Did You Watch Last Night? "Revenge of the Sith."
48. Favorite Sounds? The kids playing amiably with one another, and my baby saying "Mama."
47. Favorite Smell? Vanilla.
50. Favorite animal. Horses.
51. What’s the farthest you’ve been from home? Arizona.
52. Do you have a special talent? I can instantly make up flattering lyrics about my baby's brilliance and general cuteness to any tune. He appreciates this talent, even if no one else does *snort*.

2 comments:

  1. Aha, you finally succumbed to the power of the meme! I like your special talent, my small people love it when I make up songs with their names in 'em, too. Isn't it great to have an easy audience? - Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that children playing together amiably is a wonderful sound--but sometimes when they are playing well together they are really cooking up a disaster. :^)

    ReplyDelete