Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My next cover!


The cover is by Scott Carpenter. It's my first cartoon cover, and I adore it. I love the way he incorporated the city into the background (because I'm going for a sort of Sex and the City vibe here). I also love the way he used the same lettering for my name he used for The Shadows of Night, so there's a hint of branding even though the book is a different genre. Here's the blurb for the book itself:

They’ve been best friends since high school, but she’s never noticed how sexy he is…until now.

Jeri Winston has always been there for Alexander Frost, her best friend since high school. Now Alexander wants to take their relationship to the next level. But when Connor Addison, the popular boy Jeri had a crush on a decade ago, returns to their hometown as a handsome, successful man, Alexander can feel Jeri slipping away from him. Can he convince Jeri to take a chance on him instead of Connor?

4 comments:

  1. Great cover Ellen!

    I'm so excited for you.

    Scott said he's working on mine next. I can't wait to see it.

    Again, Congrats!

    Ingela F. Hyatt
    A Knight of Passion,
    Samhain Publishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice. The colors jump out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and major kudos for your novel!

    I had to laugh when I read your blog heading. I have four kids too, and what you describe up there sounds sooooo like me, ROFL!

    (I'm Faith,one of the WCP/FB editors.)

    ReplyDelete