Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Movie

Vulcan Husband and I watched The Chronicles of Narnia last night. I've seen mixed reviews, but I totally enjoyed it. I could tell that they were going for a Lord of the Rings kind of feel, but I actually liked it better than the LOTR movies, which I found kind of slow and plodding. (Blasphemy! Blasphemy!) I also liked it better than several other fantasy movies I've seen recently that are adapted from children's books, like Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and A Series of Unfortunate Events. Overall I thought it was awesome, and I'm glad Kid #2 got it for her birthday:-).

2 comments:

  1. We loved it, and so did our kids. Alex wants to watch it over and over. Mostly for the big lion, probably. I think they did a fantastic job with the movie version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blasphemy is good in this instance, El! I agree that it was a better movie than LOTR because it had a lighter feel, not heavy handed, but then I'm wonder if Tolkien wrote LOTR for children. Can't remember, I'm pretty certain Narnia was a children's book. I loved this movie version over the British one done a number of years ago. Aslan has always been my favorite character. So noble and wise. Wish I could be that way.

    ReplyDelete