Thursday, June 15, 2006

Kid bragging

Time for me to brag about my kids. OK was recognized yesterday as her school's top Accelerated Reader. She earned 620 points-- the first kid at her school EVER to earn over 500 points in a year since they've been doing AR (twelve years). The kid is a serious reader.

Meanwhile, the toddler (sixteen months) is coming along mentally. He has lots of words now. Some of his favorites are "gook" (book), "ballball" (ball), and "Mine!!!!!" I've never had a kid who pronounces everything to be "mine!!!!" quite so frequently. He also loves and adores his daddy, and when I get him up in the morning, the first thing he does is ask hopefully, "Daddy?" And he even made a two-word sentence yesterday: "Go car." All very typical toddler development, but I've always loved this age-- there's so much going on in that little brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment