Friday, August 4, 2006

Work and kids

The Nerd Prince has already returned, and is crouched in my inbox glaring balefully at me. I just can't get rid of the thing...

I have to pack up kids today. I see I forgot to mention Kid #3 is visiting his grandparents. (I called last night, and he's very happy-- not homesick or anything.) They've had him for a week, and tomorrow we're going to pick him up and give his grandparents Oldest Kid and Kid #2 for a week. The kids love visiting their grandparents, their grandparents seem to love having them, and I love having fewer kids in the house for a couple of weeks:-). So it all works out great.

And today, OK and Kid #2 have been invited to go ice skating with friends. (At an indoor rink, I mean-- right now it's so hot here that an ice cube wouldn't last two seconds.) Which means I have a whole afternoon all to myself, with no one around except the toddler. Hee. I'm going to have fun.

I mean *looks nervously in editor's direction*, I'm going to work on my final edits for The Nerd Prince. Uh-huh. That's what I mean. Yeah, that's the ticket...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man, I wish our monsters enjoyed going to spend the night at places. Maybe they will when they're a little older. Even the 7 1/2 year old came home at 10:30 p.m. from her cousin's house last time instead of making it all night! Hope you had a terrific quiet day!

    ReplyDelete