Friday, May 11, 2007

Reaching out

When you're grieving, you tend to kind of pull in on yourself for a while and not email or call anyone. The problem with this is, when you're ready to talk again, people tend to have gotten out of the habit of communicating with you. Today I decided I was feeling way too isolated, so I sent out some emails. I'm lonely with no one but kids in the house, and I need some adult "conversation," even if it's only via email. I hereby resolve to respond to all emails immediately, so that I become a complete and total nuisance to all my cyberfriends:-). I'm going to brunch with my extended family on Mother's Day, too. Hopefully that will help get rid of the feeling of isolation, at least a little bit.

7 comments:

  1. Ha, that's why you answered your email this morning! *g* Glad you're coming out a bit more. I need adult conversation, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that on my own without anything external helping me along. So I guess I can sympathesize (is that spelled right?). So my question is this, are you back on a writing schedule? How is the writing coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need adult conversation. Feel free to email anytime. Happy to chat. Heck, I love to whine. I can keep you occupied for hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a while since I've done the blog visit routine (not just yours!), but I'm so glad to see you getting out. I've been thinking about you. And the toddler story was funny. I can just see you telling that to me in person.

    Take care,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I have been absorbed in my own life (my grandmother passed end of March).

    My deepest sympathies, Ellen.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ellen,

    Just checking in to see how you're doing.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ellen, just stopping by to see how you've been. When you're ready to talk, stop by the NCP loop, we miss you there. Although I'm not sure how adult the conversation will be. :)

    Teri

    ReplyDelete