Friday, July 2, 2010

Intriguing

I got curious, and looked at the other reviews written by the reviewer who gave me one star. She likes vampire books, threesomes, BDSM... but she finds sex with a ***** to be gross and icky. Go figure. I guess it just goes to show you that we all have particular, personal things that disturb us, and that what works for one reader doesn't necessarily work for another.

In other news, I am absolutely crushed over the terrible, terrible Last Airbender reviews. I've been looking forward to this one for months, and so have my kids. But it's clear that going to see it will just tick us all off. It's apparently that bad. It amazes me that anyone could screw up the source material that badly. Oh, well... we'll just see Toy Story 3 instead. Too many 3D extravaganzas are bad for the budget anyway!

2 comments:

  1. I took the kidlets to see Last Airbender and we all loved it!I have to wonder if the reviewers are looking at the movie through a child's eyes, so to speak. After all, it was a Nickelodeon show and aimed at a younger crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toy Story 3 is really good, but if you have to pay extra for the 3D showing, go to the regular one. You won't be missing many 3D effects. Not like in How to Save a Dragon, which had amazing 3d.

    ReplyDelete