Thursday, July 1, 2010

My first 1-star review!

On Amazon, for Never Love a Stranger:

"This book was very well written and had an interesting plot in the first 1/3 of the book. THEN: the big "secret" is revealed about the hero- and it all goes down hill from there. I've read many time-travel romance books, and this one had a lot going for it, until it went in a totally weird and skin-crawling icky direction. I won't post a spoiler in my review- but lets just say that the hero misleads the girl and by the time the "secret" is revealed, you will be grossed out. I was so disgusted, I couldn't read anymore."

We all get bad reviews, but I bet you've never had a review in which your book was called icky, weird, skin-crawling, gross AND disgusting all at once. I think that's pretty darn impressive. Ordinarily, I'd just ignore a bad review, but this one has some potential for making people curious about that big skin-crawling gross twist, I think. So off I go to publicize it:-).

3 comments:

  1. That's a good way to spin it! Four stars for you!

    ~JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Way to make lemonade out of lemons! ;-) I can't understand what was icky about the secret. Hmmm...it sounds like someone has "issues".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little surprised, too. I thought some people might not LIKE it, but I didn't think anyone would be grossed out by it. I don't even see why it's gross. All I can figure is older reader who isn't into any sort of sci fi? She mentions having read lots of time travel romances, and my book really isn't a normal time travel romance (most have someone from the past moving into the future).

    Anyway, my sales had come to a standstill, but since I posted this a couple of places I've had three sales, so perhaps it's helpful:-).

    ReplyDelete