Sunday, September 4, 2011

Excerpt from Seeing Spots for #SampleSunday

"Call me Kathy," she said, staring at him. "After everything we did together this morning, I think you should call me Kathy."

"And I think you should call me Dare. But only if you’re not going to dump me."

Her hand squeezed harder. He winced.

"I don’t think I can dump you if we’re not dating," she said softly.

"Don’t you think that after everything that's happened, we can reasonably say that we’re dating?"

"Well, maybe…"

"And yet you’re still trying to blow me off."

"I'm not trying to blow you off." She drew herself up with an air of calm dignity that was belied by the nervously fluttering fingers. "I'm just trying to make sure we're both on the same page."

"Kathy..." He sighed. "We were on the same page this morning."

"Maybe. Not really. I mean, you just kind of got carried away. It was the underwear, not me."

"Sure, Kathy. I always sleep with women because I like their bras."

She looked annoyed by his snark. "You've never looked at me like that before," she said irritably. "But the minute you caught a glimpse of my underwear, you were all over me like..."

"Spots on a leopard?"

"Something like that, yeah. And before that, you couldn’t stop staring at my spotted t-shirt. Obviously you have a spot fetish."

"Kathy..." He cocked his head. "Do you really find it that hard to believe that I find you sexy?"

She was silent a long moment, while her fingers fluttered frantically.

"Yes," she said at last, very softly. "I do."

He frowned at her, narrowing his eyes. "You do realize I came over here tonight to have sex with you, right?"

"Oh. Well. I understand that you probably feel sort of obligated now..."

"Obligated!" He rose to his feet with a sudden surge of indignation. "Obligated!? Are you kidding me?"

"Okay, maybe obligated wasn't quite the right word..."

"It was totally the wrong word." He grabbed her by the arms and hauled her up against him, glaring down into her eyes. "Kathy, I came over here to make love to you because I find you attractive. And sexy. And hot as hell."

"Oh," she said in a small voice. "Well... if you're sure..."

"I'm sure. Believe me, I'm sure. I'm so sure I went out shopping after work, and bought you a little something."

She tilted her head, curiosity lighting the golden depths of her eyes. "What?"

He lowered his head and whispered into her ear.

"Take off my jeans and find out."

No comments:

Post a Comment