Sunday, April 10, 2005

A quiet weekend

It's been a quiet weekend, with nothing much accomplished. My oldest daughter has been working on building an instrument for school. Naturally she designed something wildly complicated, rather than, say, a drum. She and her father figured out how to make it (using scrap wood, wheels from an old toy stroller, and discarded strings from my cello) and she's been working on the thing all weekend, with our help. Should be interesting to see how it turns out!

I'm finishing up THREE TO GET DEADLY by Janet Evanovich and enjoying it. I don't usually laugh out loud at books, but there was a scene in this one that was so funny I couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes. These books are a riot. I just picked up the eighth and ninth in hardback at the library sale for one dollar apiece... but I'm reading them in order, so it'll be a while before I read those!

3 comments:

  1. Ellen, I love all the Evanovich Stephanie Plum books. I recently went to her website for a 'fix' and read the first chapter of 11 on Top which will be out in June. Lucky you -- look at all the books in her series that lie ahead! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the Stephanie Plum series. I want to be Stephanie when I grow up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these book, and you do laugh out loud lmao - espec at some of the secondary characters.

    Hmmm Ranger - *drool*

    ReplyDelete