Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Status report

Here's a status report on my three current WIPs:

Farthest Space (futuristic romance, under contract with NCP): Finished and on editor's desk

I'll Be There For You (contemporary romance, going to submit to Brava): Finished first draft, sent to cp for review, DH will also review this week

In the Mood (contemporary romance, under contract with NCP): Finished most revisions this morning. There are two areas where editor asked me to expand (not hugely, just a few paragraphs) that I probably won't get done today. I expect to be finished by tomorrow, however.

I'm starting to think about what I should do next. I have a Brava-targeted contemporary novella (Unforgettable) I need to finish (in case Kate Duffy doesn't like the other one but asks what else I've got... hey, it could happen:-) and a futuristic I'm working on. I'll probably tackle both of those next. I can't tell you how relieved I am to see the light at the end of the tunnel on these three WIPs... it seems like I've been working on them forever!

2 comments:

  1. You are so productive, Ellen. I lag behind. Good luck with the submissions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I'm not that productive. These are just novellas. All three of them together don't add up to the size of a novel... and I'm waiting eagerly for yours, BTW:-). Honestly, I'm not as productive this year as I'd like to be, but considering the baby, who takes up quite a bit of my time, I guess I'm doing all right.

    ReplyDelete