Thursday, September 15, 2005

Writing time and flexibility

As I posted earlier, my whole schedule has been turned upside down by the fact that OK is now going to middle school. She has to get ready and get out the door in the early morning, which is usually my most productive time of the day. But I am slowly starting to get a handle on my writing time. Pretty much the only time of day that's available is early afternoon, when I put the baby down for his nap. So that's the block of time I'm using. I put down the baby, tell the four-year-old to entertain himself for a while, and dive for the computer. I'm happy to say I got quite a lot done on my futuristic yesterday.

If you write around kids, you have to be flexible. I may appear to be a romance writer and housewife, but that's just my mild-mannered alter ego. Call me Elastigirl:-).

No comments:

Post a Comment